If you love pizza and want to be able to make a pizza fast, this is the ideal recipe for you! The pizza is lovely and soft with a generous crust, but you can adapt this basic recipe to suit you perfectly! This pizza recipe is quicker to make than a home delivery to your door! The base can be quickly made using store cupboard ingredients and you can experiment with the toppings!
- 2 3/4 Cups (400g) plain flour
- .25 oz. (7g) sachet fast-acting dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
1. Preheat the oven to 460ºF (240ºC) as it is essential the oven is really hot when you pop the pizzas in. Choose which baking trays you are going to use and put these into the oven to heat too.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast together. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the olive oil and about 8 fl oz (225ml) warm water. Mix the ingredients together and then turn out onto a floured work surface and knead for one minute until really smooth.
3. Place the dough back into the bowl, cover, and leave to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare your pizza toppings.
4. Divide the dough in half and roll out the first half of the dough on the floured work surface until it is 10 in (25 cm) in diameter. Press the edge of the pizza around the edge to make a thicker crust – the finished size of the pizza will be about 7.5 In (20 cm). Repeat with the other half of the dough.
5. Place the finished pizzas on pieces of parchment paper and cover with your chosen toppings. Leave the pizzas to rest for 10 minutes.
6. Slide each pizza onto a hot baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes until the toppings are bubbling and the pizza base is crisp and golden brown.
Spread tomato paste, pesto sauce, or soft cheese on your pizza base, and then add a selection of toppings such as:
Chopped ham, grated cheddar, grated Mozzarella, soft goat cheese, sliced mushrooms, chopped green pepper, sliced olives, chopped bacon, pineapple chunks, etc.