Gorgeous Belgian waffles are perfect for a lazy brunch served with bacon, sausages, and fried or scrambled eggs. They are equally delicious when they are topped with whipped cream and juicy strawberries or other fresh fruit. What is different about Belgian waffles is that they have deeper pockets for absorbing sauces or cream- delicious!
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 large eggs (separated)
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
1. In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
2. In a small separate bowl whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk until stiff. Then set aside.
3. In a third bowl mix the egg yolks, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract together with a fork.
4. Add the egg yolk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix them together.
5. Gently mix all the ingredients together using a large wooden spoon.
6. Pour the batter onto hot waffle iron and cook for about five minutes. Optional, you can buy waffle baking pans that you pop in a medium oven 355ºF (180ºC) for 15 minutes.
7. As soon as the waffles are cooked, serve them with your favorite topping.